Terms & Conditions
Standard Booking and Lesson Terms
Payment for your lesson constitutes acceptance of our terms and conditions; you and the participants who are named on the lesson bookings agree that snowboarding and skiing are hazardous sports. Summit and employees cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen equipment, accident, injury, or injury resulting in death that occurs before, during or after your lesson.
Lift passes are obligatory and are not included in the lesson price. They are required for all lifts in all resorts.
Please arrive with your Snowsports gear and lift ticket ready to use.
Payment for all lessons must be made in full prior to start of the lesson.
Lessons will not be extended or rescheduled due to the late arrival of the guest for any reason.
No compensation can be made for weather, snow or other operational conditions outside of the control of Summit.
To be eligible for any refund due to sickness or injury you must present a valid local medical certificate from a local practitioner.
We must have been advised prior to the commencement of your lesson.
We must receive the medical certificate within 24 hours of the lesson start time.
You must have and you agree that you do have valid Travel Insurance which covers you for accident or injury while skiing.
All lessons are fixed to the lesson location accepted at the time of booking. If the client would like to change the location of the lesson, this will be subject to availability.
Private Lessons Terms
Private Lessons can be transferred with at least 24 hours’ notice to another person subject to availability.
All Full Day lessons have a flexible start time between 8:30 am and 10:30 am.
All lessons must meet at the private lesson meeting area as indicated at the time of booking.
Lessons are able to ski the entire Niseko United Resort once the lesson has commenced.
All participants must be of the same or similar ability level and must be on the same equipment (No ski and board mixed privates).
Mixed aged privates with children under 6 years will be subject to manager approval
Summit will only provide privates to children under the age of 3 years in a one on one environment.
Full Day Private Lessons are for 6 continuous hours and must take a minimum of 30 minutes’ break during the day at a time of your choice. Lunch is not provided.
You can request a specific instructor however we cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate your request.
If you select privates over multiple days which have differing start times or rest days, we will not be able to assign the same instructor to the booking.
Payment and Cancellation Terms
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic we have updated our terms and conditions in order to work in the interest of both parties. Summit aims to be flexible with regards to any previous or new bookings and help accommodate all of our clients giving them peace of mind. Summit are always open to more discussion on bookings and if you have any problems please do not hesitate to contact us email@example.com
For all NEW bookings for the ’22-23 season the following terms and conditions apply.
● DEPOSIT: A 20% non-refundable deposit is required upon booking. This deposit is fully transferable till 30 days prior to the start date.
● FINAL PAYMENT: Due 30 days prior to your start date. Failure to make this payment will result in the cancellation of your booking.
● CANCELLATION BY THE TRAVELER:
- 30 plus days prior to booking date commencement – deposit will be forfeited but transferable to a later date or the next season
- 8 – 29 days prior to booking commencement – 50% of total booking value will be forfeited
- Up to 7 days prior to booking commencement – total booking value will be forfeite COVID-19 CANCELLATION POLICY:
If a travel ban is in effect restricting travel to Japan or to and from your home country or if it is mandatory to quarantine either upon arrival into Japan for 3 or more days in the following terms and conditions will apply:
● Up to 60 days prior to your start date:
- 100% of payments made are transferable to the following year.
- For cancellations you can receive a refund less 10% of the total booking (this amount can be reclaimed in the form of a credit on a future booking)
● 30 – 59 days prior to your start date:
- 50% of payments made are transferable to the following year.
- For cancellations you can receive a refund less 50% of the total booking
● Less than 30 days prior your start date:
- 25% of payments made are transferable to the following year.
- For cancellations you can receive a refund less 75% of the total booking
● Back-to-back cancellations: If we are holding only a deposit and are forced to cancel your booking two seasons in a row, that amount will become entirely non-refundable and non-transferable.
We reserve the right to cancel bookings at any time due to unsettling political, social or environmental events, in which case the same transfer/refund options we’re offering for COVID will apply.
We cannot offer refunds for missed reservations, early departures, inclement weather/extreme avalanche danger, snow conditions, or force majeure events beyond the COVID-19 pandemic, and are not responsible for additional expenses incurred in preparing for the trip (e.g. airline tickets, visa application fees, equipment purchases, etc).
CANCELLATIONS BY SUMMIT SKI SCHOOL & GUIDING:
Summit Ski School & Guiding reserves the right to cancel any guided or instructional day before it is confirmed to run or due to circumstances beyond our control. If this occurs, you will be given the option of changing to another guided or instructional day if available or receiving a full refund. Summit is not responsible for any incidental expense agents or participants have incurred as a result of your booking. If an alternative guided or instructional day is chosen and it is at a lower value than the original booked guided or instructional day Summit will refund the difference. If the alternative guided or instructional day is of a higher value, then you will pay the difference in price.